Friday, January 21, 2005

The Funny, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Ugly
E.Spat mouths off about law school grades. Something very close to my heart. Too close for comfort.

I have spoken to more than a few people at Temple about the confounding grading system, and no one seems to have figured it out. I was talking with 3L,whose advice was: "Don't read or think about the material before class, but pay extra-close attention during the class. Ultimately, the professor wants to hear what he or she said in class. Not what you independently think about the issues."

Geinus said: "Check your brain at the entrance to law school. Don't read cases, don't give too much credence to what professors say, rely on commercial outlines instead. And take decent notes."

Kitten said: "Always read before class."

Kay said: "People who don't perform at law school exams aren't dumb. Not in the least."

Fuhrer said: "Pay attention in class. That's the best thing to do."

Res_Ipsa_Loquitur said: "Whaaaa...??"

The Bad
Think you can ever be happy? Hah!

The Funny
I stole this from someone's blog and now I can't remember which one. But honestly, I cried when I read it. Tears of laughter, mind.

Quote of the Day: Another prospect volunteered he probably should not be on the jury: "In my neighborhood, everyone knows that if you get Mr. Ballin (as your lawyer), you're probably guilty."

PS: I now remember whose site I stole that gem of an article from. Much thanks to Anonymous College Grad.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home