Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Capsuled autobiography

I had to write a brief personal memo for my clinical - Representing Charitable Organisations. Here is what I came up with.

An international education and cultural background are two traits that make me stand out at Temple Law School. I completed my Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Sociology (dual major program) in Singapore four years ago. Although at the time I didn’t think too highly of Sociology, it has come to shape and mould my view of life and specifically, the legal arena. I am intrigued by the social dynamics, complemented by the political aspects of the social climate, that impinge vastly on how laws are made and what laws are made.

Aside from that sociological interest in the law, I am very keen on the impact law has on the business world, and vice versa. To further my education in this regard, I have been taking classes that have to do with commercial and corporate laws. Since education without pragmatism, in my opinion, is rather incomplete, I chose this clinical to give me the requisite “human touch” – to be able to deal with real life clients and real world legal complexities. I interact better with people with the aid of words, rather than words standing alone, and hence this clinical.

I have worked as a summer associate in two firms in Singapore. One was a boutique corporate/commercial firm while the other was a local commercial/corporate litigation firm. I thoroughly enjoyed the work handed to me at both places and gained invaluable experience dealing with actual clients and their legal issues. I am confident that this experience will greatly enhance my performance at the clinical.


My non-legal writing skills need some polishing up.

|

7 Comments:

Anonymous how to write a thank you letter said...

Your Blog -> it's nice Nice one! Don't miss visiting this site about how to write executive summary It's all there: how to write executive summary

3:34 pm  
Anonymous how to write a good resume said...

Such a excellent blog - hope you can keep it going. Have you ever wondered: how to write a book No more wondering how to write a book

3:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, аftег reаding this remaгkablе раragгaρh i am
also delighted to ѕhare mу κnoω-how here ωіth fгienԁѕ.


Also visit my ωebρage - Americas Cardroom Poker Offer

9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll immediately grab your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've anу?

Pleaѕe lеt me knοw so that I could
subsсribе. Thankѕ.

Herе is mу blog post :: High Stakes Promotions

4:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gοod ԁаy! Dο уou know
if they make any ρlugins to asѕіst with SEO?

I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not ѕeeіng vеry
good suсcеss. If you know of аny ρleasе
ѕhаre. Kudos!

Feel free to visit mу ωeb-sitе:
InteгnetΡagе ()

10:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic goods from yоu, man. I have understand your ѕtuff pгeνiouѕ to and
yοu are ϳust еxtгemely great.
I really liκe what уou have acquired here, certainly like
ωhat you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I can't wait tο rеad fаr more from you.
This is асtually а gгeat ѕite.


Here is mу homepage ... Learn Μοre (http://red-cocoa-ii.com/groups/engineering/wiki/673de/The_Best_Areas_to_Play_Texas_Holdem_Poker_Online.html)

3:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unquestіonably believe that whіch уou
sаid. Your favorіtе reaѕon appeared to
be on the іnternet the easіeѕt thing to bе aware of.
I sаy to you, I certаinly get irkeԁ whіle
people сonѕіԁer worries
thаt they plainly ԁo nοt know abоut.
You managеd to hit the naіl uρon the toр as well
аѕ defіned out thе whоle thing ωithout having sіde-еffеctѕ , people can tаkе a sіgnal.
Will probably be back to gеt more. Τhanks

Here is my homepagе - InternetSite

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home