Thursday, October 07, 2004

No more URLs

Really. I get free food tonight. Hosted by a large firm in Philly (Montgomery McCraken), it's a banquet/dinne, much touted as a worthy networking opportunity. So am going to be all dressed up (if you call a blac k suit "dressed up") and ready to kiss some corporate ass. But basically this just goes to show that so long as you dangle free food and a possible job opportunity, law students are game.

This is the first event of its kind for me, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll have more to say on the banquet tomorrow, when I'll, hopefully, have some material on the second Presidential Debate too. Otherwise, my day looks mundane - Business Associations at 11 & Secured Transactions at 1. Oh, I got a Research Assistant position with my ST prof. I can finally afford to eat thrice a day. (Hope people know I'm kidding....)

It's an interesting topic, regardless of any monetary benefits - lawyers' liability to third parties. I guess to a lot of people, that sounds dry as dead hay, but I think it's a great topic, and most certainly one that directly impinges upon me..or the future me, to be more precise. I'm looking forward to starting work on that project. Stay tuned for more on the same. I promise to bore you.

|

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*aytas*: Hmmm... interesting stuff - am reading your blog for the 1st time after u gave me the URL... i think u do over-do it with the URLs, and yeah what happened abt the post on legal positions or some such u said u'd post?

Btw, do u watch Indian movies? Try to catch "Bride and Prejudice" - it will get a reaction out of ya I promise... maybe a post also ;)

Btw say hi to the 3L...

7:25 am  
Blogger Res_Ipsa_Loquitur said...

I'm more than eager to watch Bride & Prejudice. Didn't realise it was out...is it? I don't know any theatres in Philly that show Indian movies, but I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Btw, what is *aytas* ? And any clue who you are...?

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

read it backwards, can! and yeah B&P is out in India (so it is def'ly out globally ;) how r u?

5:25 am  
Blogger Res_Ipsa_Loquitur said...

Ahhh! Got it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for "B&P".

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home