Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Secured Transactions today was a nightmare. We have this system whereby the class (which's just approx. 25 people strong) is divided into groups and each group is primarily responsible for an assignment for a given class. I was up for today's class, which, on account of my stellar luck, had the Dean and some other professors sit in to evaluate my Prof. As we were going through the Problems, I realised that there was one I had accidentally missed. And of course, Murphy had to prevail, and I got called on for exactly that Problem. I read the relevant statute in a hurry, as I was speaking, and got it all wrong. Horribly wrong. Disgustingly wrong. It was a moment of acute shame that, try as I might, I keep re-visiting in my mind. Not pretty. The Prof was nice enough to then give me a chance to re-read the statute and enunciate its relevance to the problem at hand.

I tried to redeem myself by volunteering a solution to the following prolem, but u know, once the moment's gone, it's gone for good. I'll always be known as the girl who flubbed in front of an audience. Sigh.

And that was the high point of my day.

It's raining heavily here - tropical rains, apparently. By the time I got home from class, my jeans were soaked. I hate the rain! It makes everything so slushy and ...am gonna say it ... wet! As always, my cupboard was empty and I had to look frantically for food. Called a couple of places but, gawd, even Dominos wasn't doing delivery tonight!! Finally 3L had to brave the rain and get Macs. Since I've done my reading for Evidence tomorrow, I'm indulging in some SVU. Some chinese immigrants' problem. Oh, for those of u in S'pore who follow Gilmore Girls, I have the latest scoop on it.... let me know if u get curious and I can supply the dope!

Suunday evening was fun. 3L and I went out to South Street on an impulse and had cheap cheasy thin crust pizzas. Awesome. I love South Street - reminds me of Bugis, sort of. It's one of the more lively places here.. I love the noise and the hustle and bustle that's woefully missing from the rest of this city. Centre City has life, but South Street just has this vibe to it. It contains an assortment of shops/stores, bars, restaurants and whacky pool parlours which I find reminiscent of S'pore's Orchard Road. There are some exotic Indian artifacts stores in there which I plan on checking out soon. Owing to time constraints, I didn't get to spend as much time as I would've liked to on Sunday. But it was energising just being there for that short duration. I was ready to face Monday, and that's all that matters, right?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home